Offshore workers need to pass an Offshore Medical Examination if they wish to work offshore.
To work offshore in the UK or the North Sea, you must pass an OGUK Offshore Medical that is valid for 2 years.
An OGUK Offshore Medical includes:
- Completion of Patient Health History Questionnaire
- Urinalysis—routine urine test with immediate result
- BMI—measurement of height, weight and calculation of Body Mass Index
- Near, Distance and Color Vision
- Pulse and Blood Pressure Measurement
- Lung Function Test (peak flow)
- Audiogram (hearing test)
- Consultation with an licensed OGUK doctor
Seafarer or Coast Guard Medicals
In order to obtain a ENG1 certificate, a requirement to work at sea, you must pass a full medical examination conducted by a Marine and Coastguard Agency (MCA) approved doctor.
Industrial Abseilers or anyone whose work requires that they are exposed to great heights, may require a Medical Examination to insure their fitness for the job. This “Climbers Medical” includes screening, a fitness test, a grip strength test and a consultation with a doctor.
Call 251-434-6770, send us an email or go online for more information or to make an appointment